Trouble sleeping can seriously impact your quality of life. The Canada Pharmacy offers both prescription and over-the-counter sleep aids to help you get the rest you need.
Types of Sleep Aids
There are several classes of sleep medications that work in different ways:
- Benzodiazepines – Fast-acting sedatives like Triazolam that help initiate sleep.
- Non-benzodiazepines – Similar to benzodiazepines but less habit-forming. Examples are Zolpidem and Eszopiclone.
- Melatonin receptor agonists – Regulate sleep cycles without risk of dependence. Ramelteon is one example.
- OTC antihistamines – Common allergy medications like Diphenhydramine that cause drowsiness.
- Prescription antidepressants – Some like Trazodone are prescribed off-label for insomnia.
- OTC sleep aids – Contain antihistamines or supplements like melatonin and valerian root.
Choosing a Sleep Medication
Consider the following when selecting a sleep aid:
- Cause of your insomnia (trouble falling asleep, staying asleep, etc.)
- Preference for prescription vs. OTC
- Desire to avoid dependence or tolerance
- Other medications or health conditions
Discuss options with your doctor to find the right sleep medication for your needs. We offer access to online consultations.
Proper Sleep Aid Use
To use sleep medications properly:
- Take only as directed by your doctor
- Don’t exceed dosage or prescribed length of use
- Don’t combine with other sedatives without medical approval
We want to help you enjoy restful sleep. Order convenient home delivery of leading sleep aids through The Canada Pharmacy today.